[mythtv-users] New Version: Bulk Updater for Videometa(imdb) data

Ryan Pisani mythtv at frouse3.homelinux.com
Mon Sep 24 02:24:19 UTC 2007

> Hi Ryan,
>
> Would it be possible to add a new option to scan just a portion of the
> videos folder or perhaps more useful, all of the subfolders except a few.
> I have my stuff arranged more or less by genre as follows:
>
> Action and Adventure
> Children
> Comedy
> Series and Miniseries
>
> I would like it to not scan my Children and Series and Miniseries folders
> - as that is where I stick alot of archived TV shows and such that are
> hard to match up in IMDB (alot of legacy stuff from MCE before I switched
> over to myth).
>
> Great job and thanks for such a useful add-on.

Jeff -
Are you saying that many of those titles are actually on IMDB? If they are
not, and you specify -Exclude you should be able to exclude them from
future -N(ew) searches.

However, I could put in a -Folder switch that will override the video path
value that is pulled from the settings db when used.

Ryan