[mythtv-users] Multiple commercial flagging tasks causing Mythbackend to die

Steve Skarda steveskarda at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 21:50:11 UTC 2007

I have my mythtv-setup set to allow 1 simultaneous job to run at one time.
However, when I look at the task lists, I have had as many as 8 processes
named commercial flagging listed.   Consequently, my cpu goes to near 100%
load and I believe that ithis may be causing my mythbackend to die.

1).  Is it normal to see several tasks in the process list even if myth is
only set to flag one job at a time?
2).  Is it normal to have backend die with 100% cpu loading.

These symptoms became apparent after I upgraded my Dapper system to Fiesty
while at the same time upgrading to 0.20.2.   The real problem I was
troubleshooting has been random backend dropouts with nothing in the log to
explain why even in verbose mode.   I have seen several threads here and on
ubuntuforms but no answers to this question other than a hint that it might
be EIT scanning or overheating.  Neither are the case for me as I have
double checked both.    I am already using Monit to autorestart the backend
but I would sure love to find out why it is dropping out in the first place.
Any ideas would be very much appreciated.   Thanks!