[mythtv-users] Simple On-the-fly record issues

Rod Smith mythtv at rodsbooks.com
Wed Sep 12 20:19:16 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 12 September 2007 14:21:05 mistersulu wrote:
> My question:
> Is there a simple way to record the current channel on the current tuner
> for exactly a period of time (one or two hours etc) irregardless of my
> start time?

The only way I know of to do this is to use a manually-scheduled recording.
This lets you schedule a recording for, say, 1:35 PM to 2:40 PM to record
1:05 of input. This is easiest to handle on 5-minute boundaries, but if
that's not convenient you can always tell MythTV to begin recording at a time
prior to the current time (say, 1:30 PM if it's currently 1:33 PM). It'll
then begin recording as soon as you finish scheduling. Just be sure to pad
the end time appropriately, if necessary. This is still rather awkward, but
it does work.

Rod Smith