[mythtv-users] firewire and schedule direct

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Sun Sep 9 18:47:38 UTC 2007

On Sun, 2007-09-09 at 14:45 -0400, Geoff Ruscoe wrote:
> I'm using 0.20.2 (yum install from atrpms on fedora 7).
> First I switched all my firewire to the original firewire, now that
> seems to work.  I can watch live tv or test with test-mpeg2 or
> firewire_tester.

> * Setup the input (removing the link and having the link in place) for
> the connection between the firewire capture card and the schedule
> direct source.
> * Run mythfilldatabase (with no options, with just
> --do-not-filter-new-channels, and with --do-channel-updates
> --do-not-filter-new-channels --only-update-channels)

There was a bug in the 0.20.2 release that prevents channels from being
added to a firewire connected source. The workaround is to disconnect
the source from the firewire card in input connections and run
mythfilldatabase on the command line. Alternatively you can upgrade to
the latest and greatest 0.20-fixes which has a fix for this bug as of
3 days ago.

-- Daniel