[mythtv-users] firewire and schedule direct
gcruscoe at sigmavisions.com
Sun Sep 9 18:45:20 UTC 2007
I'm using 0.20.2 (yum install from atrpms on fedora 7).
First I switched all my firewire to the original firewire, now that seems to
work. I can watch live tv or test with test-mpeg2 or firewire_tester.
The problem I'm having is that I get no guide information. I've checked and
the channel table in mysql is also empty.
I followed some of the discussions, bug fixes and workarounds. So I
basically have tried this (and several variations).
* Install the firewire as the capture card (same information as provided
* Signed up for (and paid for) the schedule direct account.
* Added the source of schedule direct, entered my account information and it
does retrieve my cable settings.
* Setup the input (removing the link and having the link in place) for the
connection between the firewire capture card and the schedule direct source.
* Run mythfilldatabase (with no options, with just
--do-not-filter-new-channels, and with --do-channel-updates
After which I still see no entries in the channel table. The status page on
the mythfrontend says there is no guide information (and of course all the
the guide pages are blank).
I have removed all of the cards and sources and tried this several times.
Since I have installed via the packages at atrpms I'm a little hesitant to
go down the road of compiling from source...
What is my best course of action?
Thank you in advance,
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the mythtv-users