[mythtv-users] firewire and schedule direct

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sun Sep 9 19:26:09 UTC 2007

On 09/09/2007 02:47 PM, Daniel Kristjansson wrote:
> On Sun, 2007-09-09 at 14:45 -0400, Geoff Ruscoe wrote:
>
>> I'm using 0.20.2 (yum install from atrpms on fedora 7).
>> First I switched all my firewire to the original firewire, now that
>> seems to work.  I can watch live tv or test with test-mpeg2 or
>> firewire_tester.
>>
>> * Setup the input (removing the link and having the link in place) for
>> the connection between the firewire capture card and the schedule
>> direct source.
>> * Run mythfilldatabase (with no options, with just
>> --do-not-filter-new-channels, and with --do-channel-updates
>> --do-not-filter-new-channels --only-update-channels)
>>
> There was a bug in the 0.20.2 release that prevents channels from being
> added to a firewire connected source. The workaround is to disconnect
> the source from the firewire card in input connections and run
> mythfilldatabase on the command line. Alternatively you can upgrade to
> the latest and greatest 0.20-fixes which has a fix for this bug as of
> 3 days ago.

In this case, at least, the OP has only firewire for a capture card.

I've seen reports of the workaround working when the user also had other
capture cards, but no explicit mention of it working with only firewire,
so I don't know if that's relevant, but figured having the info wouldn't
hurt.

I don't know if the same is true for Donald Maddox in the other thread
you're working on right now.

Mike