[mythtv-users] The Guide button on my remote

Steve Peters - Priority Electronics steve at priorityelectronics.com
Sun Sep 9 04:25:09 UTC 2007

That was exactly what I needed
----thanks so much!!!

-----Original Message-----
From: mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org
[mailto:mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org] On Behalf Of matt stone
Sent: Thursday, September 06, 2007 2:32 AM
To: Discussion about mythtv
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] The Guide button on my remote

On 9/6/07, Steve Peters - Priority Electronics
<steve at priorityelectronics.com> wrote:
> Hello, when you press guide from within live tv, the guide appears.
> Press it again, and it goes away. Seems very logical. Now that's how
> it worked on my old time warner cable box.
> In myth, (in live tv) press guide and the guide appears. Press it
> again and nothing happens...you have to hit back to go back to live
> tv.
> Does anyone know how or why pressing guide when in the guide does not
> get rid of the guide (it should just cancel it out)?

I'm pretty sure you can have lirc toggle between opening and closing an
application using the same key press by adding another config line in

For example
  prog = mythtv
  button = ProgramGuide
  repeat = 0
  config = SomeKeyPress
  config = Esc

I've never tried it myself but it sounds like what you're looking for.

mythtv-users mailing list
mythtv-users at mythtv.org