[mythtv-users] Electrical power in my cable line? Is that bad?

Steve Peters - Priority Electronics steve at priorityelectronics.com
Thu Sep 6 04:38:19 UTC 2007

Hello, there seems to be some electricity in my cable line. When i was
plugging it into my pvr-500, i sort of felt a little jolt after holding it
for a few seconds.

I noticed this a few weeks later when i was reworking my lines to get a
better signal. Does anyone know why this might be? And how can I fix this.
It's kind of scarry to know that if i need to unplug that line from my
mythtv box, i'll get little that jolt again. Is this something i should call
Time Warner about?

It's not like a 120 volt line, but if held for a few seconds, you can start
to feel it. Also, can this damage the computer or the tv tuner card for that
matter?

--Thanks
-Steve