[mythtv-users] The Guide button on my remote

matt stone stone.matthew at gmail.com
Thu Sep 6 09:31:32 UTC 2007

On 9/6/07, Steve Peters - Priority Electronics
<steve at priorityelectronics.com> wrote:
> Hello, when you press guide from within live tv, the guide appears. Press it
> again, and it goes away. Seems very logical. Now that's how it worked on my
> old time warner cable box.
> In myth, (in live tv) press guide and the guide appears. Press it again and
> nothing happens...you have to hit back to go back to live tv.
> Does anyone know how or why pressing guide when in the guide does not get
> rid of the guide (it should just cancel it out)?

I'm pretty sure you can have lirc toggle between opening and closing
an application using the same key press by adding another config line
in lircrc.

For example
  prog = mythtv
  button = ProgramGuide
  repeat = 0
  config = SomeKeyPress
  config = Esc

I've never tried it myself but it sounds like what you're looking for.