[mythtv-users] Import and Export of Program Listing Data

Robert Current robert.current at gmail.com
Thu Sep 6 02:47:26 UTC 2007

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
> On Sep 5, 2007, at 7:21 PM, Robert Current wrote:
>
> >> Rather than re-inventing a standard schema for importing and
> >> exporting this data, I suggest using XMLTV's well-established schema.
> >> That means getting all the data into XMLTV format. That means the
> >> XMLTV people would be the most reliable source of information on
> >> doing this.
> >
> > Honestly, I think the solution (creation of alternatives) for MythTV
> > has to be done inside MythTV existing structure.  1) export .xmltv
> > data scripts.  2) solution for .xmltv data file distribution.  3) a
> > GUI interface to do both of those from within MythTV.  But, that's my
> > opinion… one I'm researching and willing to work on.
>
> Something like this?
>
> http://epgdownloader.sourceforge.net/

Something like that… but not that…

Half of that is usable code, maybe… the first half isn't.  Not sure
it's worth hacking that or starting from scratch…  It's perl, that's
probably good, although I've not worked it before, I can read and
understand what they did.  And a lot of the stuff in the contrib.
directory of the myth code is in perl… so…  that is good.

That parses HTML for tables.  I'm thinking of taking a direct dump of
the SQL data from the mythconverg database.  The two input sources are
different in structure, but the output would be the same.