[mythtv-users] Mythtv UPNP and Nero Showtime

Calvin Harrigan charrig_mythtv at bellsouth.net
Tue Sep 4 14:18:58 UTC 2007

Over the weekend, I got got a dvd burner that included a version of nero
6 that included showtime 2.  From the wiki showtime 2 is supposed to be
a UPNP client.  So I thought it was great that I might be able to access
the media on mythtv from a windows box.  I'm running 0.20.2 on gentoo.
I was able to connect to mythtv after configuring  the firewall,  it
listed videos, music, and recordings.  Music worked fine, videos, I
didn't really check because my dbase was out of date.  The recording
listing was pretty nice you can search by title, date, genre and a
couple other means.  I was able to play back some recordings and not
others, the magic seems to be based on the file size.  Anything over 2
gigs doesn't seem to play.  Unfortunately only .5 hr shows are less than
2 gigs using the quality level I use.  HD, well...
Has anyone else had any luck with showtime?  I'm tempted to download
showtime 3, which is bundled with the rest of the nero package as a
demo, all 173 megs of it.  Before I commit to such a big download and
possibly screwing up my existing nero install, I'm looking for some feed
back.  I'm looking for a software UPNP client for windows, the ones
suggested in the wiki all had there own hangups.

Thanks