[mythtv-users] Fwd: Problem with Hauppauge WINTV Nova-T 500 PCI

James Cummings cummings.james at gmail.com
Tue Sep 4 14:00:15 UTC 2007

On 8/29/07, Henrik Beckman <henrik.list at gmail.com> wrote:
> /Henrik
> http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Hauppauge_WinTV-NOVA-T-500
>   * MT1060_IF1_freq_set.diff - 2.3K
>              * Sets the MT2060 IF1 frequency according to the calibration values stored in the EEPROM. It is supposed to enhance the signal quality
>              * Olivier Danet
>              * Post:
> http://linuxtv.org/pipermail/linux-dvb/2006-December/014926.html
Just to say, that I have recently upgraded firmware to
upgraded my v4l drivers including the patch mentioned above.  I've
a marked improvement in perceived signal reception on the channels where I
was getting poor reception. (The numbers don't seem to have changed much and
I still get 0 SNR.)  But the backend seems to be crashing less as well --
but it has only been a day.

*fingers crossed*

James Cummings, Cummings dot James at GMail dot com