[mythtv-users] Speed optimizing for Remote frontend?

Tue Sep 4 14:42:37 UTC 2007

Hi all,

I have a great system running at home on a fast computer.
 I also have a second 'home' in another city where I
commute for work.  I have established a vpn between both
places and I can see the myth backend, web etc.  I would
like to be able to watch live or delayed live tv over the
link but its rather jumpy.  The links are both on 8mb
cable modems with 'some' delay but its fairly stable.

Is there a way that I can make this work?  I don't mind
watching things a bit 'lagged' if it needs to queue up
locally or something.  The other option I have, I suppose,
would be to record the programs I want to watch then
download them.  Would it help to make a a local
mythbackend slave?

Mythweb has the ability to watch recordings over it - is
there a way to watch live TV over it (my desktops are all
linux)?

Thanks
Norm