[mythtv-users] Cannot connect to backend?

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 08:25:41 UTC 2007

On 25/11/2007, Mark Rutten <markgrutten at yahoo.com.au> wrote:
> I've been running the head of mythtv development version, updating reasonably regularly.  I updated using svn last night and now when starting mythfrontend the backend server can't be found.  Both my frontend and backend run on the same machine, so the ip address is and I'm using the default port (6543 I think).
> Is there a way to overcome this problem?  Is there something new that I should be doing?

Your lack of connectivity could be a result of the new uPnP support
which is now enabled by default.

If you run mythfrontend with the '--disable-autodiscovery' option you
should get the old non-uPnP functionality which uses
~/.myththv/mysql.txt instead of autodiscovery.

Nick Morrott

MythTV Official wiki:
MythTV users list archive: