[mythtv-users] Cannot connect to backend?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Nov 29 02:06:13 UTC 2007

On 11/26/2007 04:13 PM, Seth wrote:
> To achieve the same effect, without touching sql, you could just rerun
> MythSetup and replace both instances where you see
> <> with the physical address ( ex:
> <>).  restart the backend and you should be all set.

But why would anyone ever use the setup program that was created
specifically for changing settings like this?  It just makes no sense

(That was a completely sarcastic way of saying that Seth's right--using
the UI is always the preferred approach.  After all, some of us--OK,
maybe it's just me--take it personally when someone whines that Myth is
garbage because it doesn't work right after they break the data on which
it relies through manual editing.)

Mike "Just because you can edit the DB directly doesn't mean you should"