[mythtv-users] Compiling latest SVN

Harry Devine lifter89 at comcast.net
Sat Nov 24 05:04:47 UTC 2007

Michael Rice wrote:
> On Nov 23, 2007 6:41 PM, Harry Devine <lifter89 at comcast.net> wrote:
>> If I enter 'which mythbackend', I get '/usr/local/bin/mythbackend', but
>> running 'mythbackend --version' still gives me '/usr/bin/mythbackend: No
>> such file or directory'.  I can't find out why it's still looking for
>> mythbackend in /usr/bin.
> Earlier you said it works using the full path:
> /usr/local/bin/mythbackend --version
> If that works then it sure sounds like you have mythtv installed ok
> but there is a problem in your environment.
> The error is almost like what you'd see with a bad alias:
> [root at masterbackend mythtv]# alias foobar=/usr/bin/foobar
> [root at masterbackend mythtv]# foobar  --version
> -bash: /usr/bin/foobar: No such file or directory
> But you also said which mythbackend printed the correct file... for an
> alias I think it would do this:
> [root at masterbackend mythtv]# which foobar
> alias foobar='/usr/bin/foobar'
> I have an FC6 install so I don't know specifically if there are any
> environmental oddities like this with MythDora.  When all else fails
> you can always reboot the machine... I think I am out of ideas.
Yeah, I'm out of them as well.  But, in the meantime, Axel had gotten in
touch with me over this (some of my replies have been to him and the
list).  I decided to enable the atrpms-bleeding repo and give that a try
and that seemed to work.  I ran make uninstall to remove everything I
compiled, then yum --enable=atrpms-bleeding install mythtv to get the
latest packages installed.  It seemed to work out well.  Like I said
earlier:  something wasn't right in how I was compiling from source, but
I have the latest package version now, so it's all good.  I'd still like
to get SVN compilations installed and working at some point though, so I
could possibly be of more development help in the future.  But, I guess
that'll happen in the future.

Thanks so much for the time and help on this!  I really appreciate it!