[mythtv-users] Suspend2Ram and mythfrontend

Alex Halovanic halovanic at gmail.com
Thu May 31 03:10:35 UTC 2007

I've been working on suspending my backend/frontend system to ram,
using uswsusp and s2ram, and I've got only one problem left.  After
resuming I can't start mythfrontend without the system going into a
hard lock right when mythfrontend finishes loading the theme images:
the little mythtv logo in the corner is displayed, and then nothing
happens and the system freezes.  There's nothing in the logs that I
can find that indicates a problem.  The really odd thing is that if I
suspended with mythfrontend running, it comes back from the suspend
perfectly, lirc works, I can watch tv, etc. (once mythbackend gets
restarted).  If I exit this mythfrontend and start it again, I get the
same hard lock, at the same point.

Does anyone else have this same issue or is it something specific to
my hardware, an Asus a8n csm?

What I've learned so far: The freeze always happens at the same point,
when starting an instance of mythfrontend after a suspend2ram.  It
does not depend on the theme.  Restarting X, and reloading the nvidia
binary driver have no effect.  I seem to have the appropriate amount
of free ram available.  The problem does not appear when I suspend to
disk.