[mythtv-users] Performance issues, or Why Mythtv hates Oprah

David Brodbeck gull at gull.us
Thu May 31 16:24:01 UTC 2007

On May 30, 2007, at 5:24 PM, sdkovacs wrote:

> Ok, here's a bit of an update. I tracked the IOBOUND errors on
> mythbackend.log and found that this problem only occurs every 7 days.
> Oprah records every day at the same time, but I only get IOBOUND
> errors every 7 days. Strange.

I don't see anything that specifically draws my attention in your
process listings, but the fact that it happens every 7 days is very
suspicious.  Go look at /etc/cron.weekly.  There's probably a script
to run slocate or some other disk-hogging maintenance job there.  You
can try disabling some of the scripts by turning off their execute
bits and see if it helps.