[mythtv-users] Orphaned files

Mitch Gore mitchell.gore at gmail.com
Thu May 31 03:38:28 UTC 2007

Hi,

I am running mythtv .21 from ATrpm's bleeding and am trying to fix any
orphaned files I have.  When i run myth.find_orphans.pl i get this error:

[root at mythtv contrib]# perl myth.find_orphans.pl
DBI connect('database=mythconverg:host=mythtv','mythtv',...) failed: Host
'mythtv' is not allowed to connect to this MySQL server at
myth.find_orphans.pl line 99
Cannot connect to database mythconverg on host mythtv:

and if i log into sql it works just fine.

[root at mythtv contrib]# mysql -u mythtv -p
Enter password:
Your MySQL connection id is 31 to server version: 5.0.27

mysql>

so whats the problem?

Thanks,
Mitchell