[mythtv-users] irrecord problems

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Sun May 6 00:46:48 UTC 2007

> What kind of receiver are you using? Is the receiver
> protocol-compatible with the remote control?

I don't know 'cos the receiver is a home-brew one I bought off eBay.
But it works fine with other remotes. And I figured it's receiving the
signals from the remote OK because mode2 shows a signal when I press
the buttons.

> If you know what protocol your remote uses (i.e. RC-5 etc), are you
> using the protocol header file in /etc/lircd.conf?

Is it possible to tell what protocol the remote is using somehow?

> Have you tried
> running irrecord in raw mode, and if so, do you get the same results?

I'll give this a burl.

Thanks,
Phill