[mythtv-users] irrecord problems

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Sat May 5 22:30:11 UTC 2007

On 05/05/07, Phill Edwards <philledwards at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm trying to set up a new universal remote. I know that the IR signal
> is being received because I get a response from most of the buttonson
> the remote when running mode2. But when I run irrecord to create a
> conf file I get this error after pressing some of the buttons:
>
> irrecord: could not find gap.
> irrecord: gap not found, can't continue

What kind of receiver are you using? Is the receiver
protocol-compatible with the remote control?

If you know what protocol your remote uses (i.e. RC-5 etc), are you
using the protocol header file in /etc/lircd.conf? Have you tried
running irrecord in raw mode, and if so, do you get the same results?

Nick
--
MythTV Official wiki:
http://mythtv.org/wiki/