[mythtv-users] XBOX Frontend

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Sat Mar 31 11:37:02 UTC 2007

> > menu are well design, other not. Moreover my recordings are all
> > transcoded in nuv format and the player (which is mplayer) wasn't able
> > to play them.
>
> There's a special mplayer version which you can download and this
> plays the NUV files. You can find links to it in one of the threads on
> the xbmcmythtv forum at sourceforge.

Update on this - if you're looking for a patched mplayer.dll which
will work with the latest V2 XBMC, then you can get it at
http://www.techknowpro.com/xbmcmythtv/xbmcmythtv-mplayer.rar

I've tested this on 2.0.1 of XBMC and it works. What would be great is
for there to be a codec for MythTV's nuv files which you could just
drop into the mplayer codecs directory on the Xbox, rather than having
to overwrite the mplayer.dll that comes with XVMC.

Regards,
Phill