[mythtv-users] Wiimote + MythTV

come se fosse antani antani at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 12:29:00 UTC 2007

On 3/29/07, Chris Elston <celston at katalix.com> wrote:

> > > Gesture based interface, anyone? :-)
> > >

> > actually implemented in myth?
> > If I have no "channel_N" button, e.g., how can I switch to the 5th
> > channel with a wiimote??
>
> N.B.: none of this is implemented anywhere, I'm just thinking out loud
> here.

sob :(

> But you could point the wiimote at the screen, hold down the 'A'
> button and draw a 5 on the display.  This is similar to an interface in
> Rayman Raving Rabbids (Wii game), where you must trace the outline of an
> object onscreen.  The wiimote is certainly capable of the accuracy
> required.
>
> Whether this would be a good interface or not is another matter...

I don't know if that can be useful for an htpc; my point is that (for
example, in order to to 5th channel) I can press the "channel" button
which pop up an OSD with the ten buttons (0-9) and then I can select
the desired channel.
Or simply, using the "Browse View" with the channel up down buttons
and then confirm the selected channel.