[mythtv-users] Wiimote + MythTV

Chris Elston celston at katalix.com
Thu Mar 29 11:17:10 UTC 2007

> > > but... how can we solve the lack of buttons on the wiimote?
> >
> > Gesture based interface, anyone? :-)
> >

> actually implemented in myth?
> If I have no "channel_N" button, e.g., how can I switch to the 5th
> channel with a wiimote??

N.B.: none of this is implemented anywhere, I'm just thinking out loud
here.

But you could point the wiimote at the screen, hold down the 'A'
button and draw a 5 on the display.  This is similar to an interface in
Rayman Raving Rabbids (Wii game), where you must trace the outline of an
object onscreen.  The wiimote is certainly capable of the accuracy
required.

Whether this would be a good interface or not is another matter...

Cheers,

Chris.