[mythtv-users] Mac OSX Frontend and Backend

Jon Boehm boehm100 at comcast.net
Tue Mar 27 21:47:29 UTC 2007

Check out darwinports

-----Original Message-----
From: mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org
[mailto:mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org] On Behalf Of Craig Treleaven
Sent: Tuesday, March 27, 2007 1:41 PM
To: mythTV Users
Subject: [mythtv-users] Mac OSX Frontend and Backend

I'm trying to get the Backend running on my Intel Mini under OSX but
I'm stuck on something that seems it ought to be trivial.
MythTV-Setup.app runs OK from the Finder but in the Video Source
Setup screen, the button to Retrieve Lineups does nothing.
Console.log says "wget: command not found".  OK, quick web search
shows that OSX does not come with wget but it is easy enough to
download a binary.  Running it from the Terminal with the -help
option shows that it will execute.

Try again; still no joy.  Console.log still shows the following:

2007-03-27 16:17:12.340 Fetching lineups from Tribune Media Zap2It...
2007-03-27 16:17:12.405 Grabbing channel data
sh: line 1: wget: command not found

It is likely something to do with the path.  I created a
/usr/local/bin directory, and copied wget to it.  In Terminal,
created a .bash_profile and put the following into it:

export PATH

Still the same error message.  Can someone steer me in the right direction?

mythtv-users mailing list
mythtv-users at mythtv.org