[mythtv-users] Mac OSX Frontend and Backend

Craig Treleaven ctreleaven at cogeco.ca
Tue Mar 27 20:41:08 UTC 2007

Hi:

I'm trying to get the Backend running on my Intel Mini under OSX but
I'm stuck on something that seems it ought to be trivial.
MythTV-Setup.app runs OK from the Finder but in the Video Source
Setup screen, the button to Retrieve Lineups does nothing.
Console.log says "wget: command not found".  OK, quick web search
shows that OSX does not come with wget but it is easy enough to
download a binary.  Running it from the Terminal with the -help
option shows that it will execute.

Try again; still no joy.  Console.log still shows the following:

2007-03-27 16:17:12.340 Fetching lineups from Tribune Media Zap2It...
2007-03-27 16:17:12.405 Grabbing channel data
sh: line 1: wget: command not found

It is likely something to do with the path.  I created a
/usr/local/bin directory, and copied wget to it.  In Terminal,
created a .bash_profile and put the following into it:

PATH=$PATH:/usr/local/bin
export PATH

Still the same error message.  Can someone steer me in the right direction?

Thanks,

Craig