[mythtv-users] Display aspect ratio not right...?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Mar 27 15:53:49 UTC 2007

On 03/27/2007 10:50 AM, Rich West wrote:
> I've had MythTV installed since December (aka: not long) and there has
> been one problem that has been somewhat annoying.  When we go to watch a
> recording (from TV) or a video (DVD ISO image), the display aspect seems
> to be a bit off.  It is hard to explain, but I will try... :)

> On both sets, I have them set to "fill".

And there's your problem.  If you use an "Aspect Override," you're
telling Myth, "I don't care about the real aspect of the video, display
it my way, instead."  Set it to "Off" and everything works properly.
Then, when you have a show you want to watch differently, use the Menu
to change the Aspect.

Mike