[mythtv-users] VFD Display

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Mon Mar 26 00:03:44 UTC 2007

Mark Bell wrote:

>> 	Anyone get a VFD display working correctly in Mythtv
>>

> I used this HowTo http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/LCDproc
>
> Followed this to the t and looks like everything works except for Mythtv
>
> And apparently it is not loading on reboot because I have to modprobe
> lirc_imon to turn it on but myth still does not work.

Hidden away somewhere in the lirc instructions is the little gem that
you must have the lirc items as the first entries in
modprobe.conf...otherwise lirc does not load properly. Although most
modules will 'call' for their dependencies, lirc does apparently does
not. My modprobe.conf has (lines 1 to 3):

alias char-major 61 lirc_i2c
alias char-major-61 lirc_dev
alias char-major-61 lirc_imon

Regarding *what* the VFD displays, I have a file /etc/lcdproc.conf which
   configures that. I have "Streams = T" to get the time, etc.

Geoff