[mythtv-users] Mac Mini Core Solo as FE/BE Combo?

Michael Freeman mlfreeman at gmail.com
Fri Mar 23 21:43:21 UTC 2007

On 3/23/07, Jarod Wilson <jarod at wilsonet.com> wrote:

> On Friday 23 March 2007 06:39:21 Michael Freeman wrote:
> > On 3/22/07, Jarod Wilson <lists at wilsonet.com> wrote:
> [...]
> > > However, every
> > > once in a while, I'm seeing X spike up to 99% cpu usage for a bit,
> > > which leads to a bit of jitter in the picture. Appears to only be on
> > > 720p stuff, so maybe an Xv scaling issue -- should note that I'm
> > > running the bleeding-edge intel driver code from the Fedora
> > > development tree (which matches more or less identically from hg tip
> > > in xorg's mercurial repo).
>
> It dawned on me that this behavior is nearly identical to what I saw w/the
> nvidia driver on my prior frontend w/o UseEvents...
>
> [...]
> > > Left on my todo list:
> > >
> > > - Get non-digital audio outputting correctly (oops, just noticed this
> > > wasn't working, but I think I know what's up here)
>
> Got this working fine last night. Seems the alsa 1.0.13 code in 2.6.20doesn't
> quite get this right. I'm using alsa 1.0.14-rc3 now, and everything works
> perfectly.
>
> > > - Get the internal IR receiver working with lirc (still using my usb
> > > mce receiver atm)
>
> Going to see if I can't build the appleir module as an out-of-tree,
> stand-alone kernel module, rather than building a patched kernel...
>
> > > - See if there are any open bugs and/or debugging I can do to
> > > eliminate the occasional hiccups (helps to have someone in the office
> > > who is actively working on the driver... :)
>
> About to start prodding one of our X guys...
>
> > > - Figure out what to do with my prior frontend
>
> FSBO! (maybe)
>
> > I got digital out working for me, but the front speaker sounds like it's
> > trying to play the digital stream as analog audio at the same time. How
> do
> > you mute that?
>
> Odd. I had my internal speaker playing audio if I flipped the "use input
> for
> output" toggle (or whatever it was) in alsamixer, but digital audio wasn't
> working at the time. At that point, I only got either digital audio
> passthrough to the amp, or analog audio out the internal speaker. All
> better
> now with the latest alsa bits though.
>
> --
> Jarod Wilson
> jarod at wilsonet.com

I unmuted the IEC958 and plugged in a headphone / optical -> regular optical
cable
Digital audio just worked then...but the front internal speaker still had
the odd noises.

Gentoo seems to have xorg-server 1.2.99 and the 1.9.91 version of the intel
driver (though it's tagged as an i810 ebuild for some reason [
xf86-video-i810-1.9.91.ebuild])
I'm going to try unmasking them later and pray.