[mythtv-users] Mac Mini Core Solo as FE/BE Combo?

Jarod Wilson lists at wilsonet.com
Mon Mar 26 05:38:44 UTC 2007

On Mar 23, 2007, at 17:43, Michael Freeman wrote:

> I unmuted the IEC958 and plugged in a headphone / optical ->
> regular optical cable
> Digital audio just worked then...but the front internal speaker
> still had the odd noises.

I'd suggest the latest alsa bits, they work perfectly here now.

> Gentoo seems to have xorg-server 1.2.99 and the 1.9.91 version of
> the intel driver (though it's tagged as an i810 ebuild for some
> reason [xf86-video-i810-1.9.91.ebuild])
> I'm going to try unmasking them later and pray.

Ah yes, sorry, the intel driver is indeed shipped in the same tarball
as the i810 driver. Its slated to eventually replace i810, but it
hasn't been battle-tested with nearly as many cards as i810, and I'm
not certain if its supposed to cover older cards or only more recent
ones...

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com