[mythtv-users] Mac Mini Core Solo as FE/BE Combo?

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Fri Mar 23 13:14:47 UTC 2007

On Friday 23 March 2007 06:39:21 Michael Freeman wrote:
> On 3/22/07, Jarod Wilson <lists at wilsonet.com> wrote:
> > However, every
> > once in a while, I'm seeing X spike up to 99% cpu usage for a bit,
> > which leads to a bit of jitter in the picture. Appears to only be on
> > 720p stuff, so maybe an Xv scaling issue -- should note that I'm
> > running the bleeding-edge intel driver code from the Fedora
> > development tree (which matches more or less identically from hg tip
> > in xorg's mercurial repo).

It dawned on me that this behavior is nearly identical to what I saw w/the
nvidia driver on my prior frontend w/o UseEvents...

> > Left on my todo list:
> >
> > - Get non-digital audio outputting correctly (oops, just noticed this
> > wasn't working, but I think I know what's up here)

Got this working fine last night. Seems the alsa 1.0.13 code in 2.6.20 doesn't
quite get this right. I'm using alsa 1.0.14-rc3 now, and everything works

> > - Get the internal IR receiver working with lirc (still using my usb
> > mce receiver atm)

Going to see if I can't build the appleir module as an out-of-tree,
stand-alone kernel module, rather than building a patched kernel...

> > - See if there are any open bugs and/or debugging I can do to
> > eliminate the occasional hiccups (helps to have someone in the office
> > who is actively working on the driver... :)

About to start prodding one of our X guys...

> > - Figure out what to do with my prior frontend

FSBO! (maybe)

> I got digital out working for me, but the front speaker sounds like it's
> trying to play the digital stream as analog audio at the same time. How do
> you mute that?

Odd. I had my internal speaker playing audio if I flipped the "use input for
output" toggle (or whatever it was) in alsamixer, but digital audio wasn't
working at the time. At that point, I only got either digital audio
passthrough to the amp, or analog audio out the internal speaker. All better
now with the latest alsa bits though.

Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com