[mythtv-users] blurriness when playing 1080i -> 1080i

Seth Daniel mythtv.org at sethdaniel.org
Tue Mar 20 20:18:01 UTC 2007

On Tue, Mar 20, 2007 at 07:46:28AM -0500, Mike Rosack wrote:
> >I find it interesting that all of these problems, blurriness or non-smooth
> >playback, only occur
> >with 1080i content. 720p content looks absolutely wonderful at 1080i (as
> >does 480p and
> >480i). No blurriness, smooth as can be, etc...
>
> I have the exact same issues you're having with playing 1080i at 1080i
> (10 seconds good/10 seconds bad), except that my "blurriness" is more
> choppy, almost like the fields are playing out of order.  However, if
> I do bob deinterlacing everything looks fine... until I
> pause/ff/otherwise disrupt the stream.  Then I'll get very jumpy video
> like you described earlier, and nothing I do will get it back to
> looking good.

Actually, your description of the problem is probably better than mine.
I couldn't think of any word other than 'blurry' to describe it, but I
think what you said is a bit more detailed and probably more accurate.

Everything that I've read about this (there really isn't that much about
it AFAICT) suggests it's an nvidia driver issue.  I don't have any way
to prove it one way or the other though.

--
seth / @sethdaniel.org
Hofstadter's Law: