[mythtv-users] Migrating from Fedora Core to Ubuntu

john sturgeon john.sturgeon at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 03:40:31 UTC 2007

On 3/19/07, Tom Greer <trgreer at gmail.com> wrote:
> john sturgeon wrote:

> > it connected to my FC4 backend flawlessly!    On another note, all of
> > my HD playback issues are *gone*.  All of them; stuttering watching
> > currently recorded shows, pausing and restart stuttering problems,
> > prebuffering pauses when not using XvmC... everything.  I'm ecstatic.
>
> John,
>
> I am interested in trying this again.  I'd like to have all my systems
> on one distribution plus I have been fighting prebuffering pauses on
> HD playback for months.
>
> Did you install from packages or did you compile from SVN?  Is there a
> guide that you followed?  Any other words to the wise?
>
> Thanks
>
> Tom

Hey Tom,

I installed from Packages... MythTV comes *with* Ubuntu Edgy.  I used
the guide for frontend_only on their wiki, here is a link to all of
their MythTV on Edgy docs:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/MythTV_Edgy

I also used their Nvidia guide for my nvidia driver.  Once again...
flawless.  The only issue I'm having now is with lirc, and to be
honest, I've only had about 20 minutes to try and debug the problem so
it's probably something obvious I'm missing.

--
John Sturgeon <><