[mythtv-users] MythMusic B0rked?

Erich Newell erich.newell at gmail.com
Tue Mar 13 18:41:10 UTC 2007

I am currently running myth ver. 0.20-0.2ubuntu2~dapper1 and am in general
very happy with it. Unfortuntately, I have never been able to get MythAudio
to work and am at a loss (have tried from source and packages)

The symptom is quite simple: from the myth interface, I see the the music
option listed under both setup and under the media sections, but cannot
*select* it. I have run a tail on *every* log on the system while doing so
and have never produced any error output whatsoever (hence no logs posted)

I have completely purged MySQL as well as any directories and binaries even
containing the word myth. I have subsequently installed myth (including
MythMusic) from the package repository, and have even repeated the process
from source (both stable and svn). At one point I gave up and have been
since running slimserver (which rocks btw). Recently I upgraded the frontend
b/c the motherboard or processor died and thought I'd give MythMusic another
shot. No dice.

The entire system is pretty generic Ubuntu Dapper ( 2.6.15-28-686 #1 SMP
PREEMPT ), except where necessary to load firmware for satellite and OTA HD
cards.

Anyone out there have any insight? I've scoured the forums and feel pretty
alone on this but cannot even generate an error to run out and homework.

- Erich

--
"A man is defined by the questions that he asks; and the way he goes about
finding the answers to those questions is the way he goes through life."