[mythtv-users] Record multiple channels from one multiplex (again...)

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Mar 7 18:01:52 UTC 2007

On 03/07/2007 12:53 PM, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 03/07/2007 12:40 PM, Udo van den Heuvel wrote:
>
>> While looking at
>> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Record_multiple_channels_from_one_multiplex
>> and at http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/1772 it looks like no progress
>> is being made although a certain number of MythTV users even want to pay
>> cash for the ability to record multiple channels from one multiplex.
>>
>> What *is* the current status?
>> Did I miss something?
>>

> My understanding:
>
>  - Users want it and are willing to pay (an insignificant amount) for it
>  - Developers who could actually code it would rather spend $X to get
> new capture cards for themselves rather than spend Y hours to code
> it--and end up with the same functionality in the end

Sorry, Mike, but I can't ignore thatlie.  Actually, having an extra
capture card gives /more/ functionality.  Whereas someone who's relying
on one card to record can only record two shows on the same multiplex,
someone who has two cards can /always/ record two shows--regardless of
where they're broadcast.  :)

Mike