[mythtv-users] Record multiple channels from one multiplex (again...)

Udo van den Heuvel udovdh at xs4all.nl
Wed Mar 7 18:01:32 UTC 2007

Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 03/07/2007 12:40 PM, Udo van den Heuvel wrote:
>> What *is* the current status?
>> Did I miss something?
>>
> My understanding:
>
>  - Users want it and are willing to pay (an insignificant amount) for it

When normally nothing is paid, some cash is a nice bonus?

>  - Developers who could actually code it would rather spend $X to get
> new capture cards for themselves rather than spend Y hours to code
> it--and end up with the same functionality in the end
>
> My view:  users should spend the money they're pledging for bounties
> (and, yeah, they'd need to add some more) to get another capture card...

In my situation I cannot add a card. My Epia is maxxed out with 2 cards.
1 for DVB-T, 1 for DVB-S.
Also why add hardware when software is a very reasonable solution?

Of course this kind of discussion was not my intention, I am more
interested in the technical side: patches, examples, testing,
information, etc.

Udo