[mythtv-users] SVN packages?

Indulis Bernsteins indulis.b at au1.ibm.com
Wed Mar 7 06:44:26 UTC 2007

> I'm having horrible luck with my fedora install and am going back to
> ubuntu/debian are there svn .debs besides sillicondust?  How are their
> packages?

It is pretty easy to generate your own .deb files from SVN, using
"checkinstall".  I wrote a howto on the main mythtv wiki.  I've used this
the last 12 months or so.  No problems!  Just make sure that you create
and install mythtv (main package) before trying to compile/install any
other parts.

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Building_DEBs_from_SubVersion
and
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Installing_MythTV_SVN_on_Ubuntu_Breezy

If there are any errors please correct the wiki, and/or send a note back
to the mailing list.

Cheers,

Indulis