[mythtv-users] New setup

Justin The Cynical cynical at penguinness.org
Tue Mar 6 06:09:17 UTC 2007

Brian Wood wrote:

*snip*

> The cheapest way out would probably be a 5200 nVidia card, assuming
> he's got an AGP video card slot. That would *probably* work with XvMC
> but I wouldn't guarantee it.

Computers being computers, I try not to guarantee anything ;-), however,
XvMC will work fine with an AGP NVidia card.

Myself, I have viewed HD broadcasts (720p to be exact) on a 440MX and
the current 6200, both cards are AGP.

The 440MX I had attached to a 1 ghz TBird core AMD.  The main limit I
had with that test bed system was only having 256 mes of RAM.  This was
with .19 branch of Myth, and since .20 has increased requirements, the
OP may still not get the best performance with that chip.

Then again, there are some people running very similar systems and
getting near perfect, if not perfect outright, performance, so YMMV.