[mythtv-users] New setup

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Mon Mar 5 23:47:36 UTC 2007

On Mar 5, 2007, at 4:37 PM, Justin The Cynical wrote:
> And per the Wiki, XvMC doesn't work with ATI cards.
>
> Assuming the XvMC situation has not changed, I would suggest either
> getting a faster CPU or get a NVidia based card, which do support
> XvMC.

I doubt that the "XvMC Situation" as you put it will ever change,
though stranger things have happened, and now that AMD has bought ATI
I guess you never know.

> I'm sure that I'll be corrected if I'm wrong on these ideas.  :-)

They'll be correcting both of us I guess.

The cheapest way out would probably be a 5200 nVidia card, assuming
he's got an AGP video card slot. That would *probably* work with XvMC
but I wouldn't guarantee it.