[mythtv-users] (Myth) Archive to hard disk

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Jun 27 23:46:54 UTC 2007

On 06/27/2007 06:05 PM, Ma Begaj wrote:
> 2007/6/27, Chris Pinkham <cpinkham at bc2va.org>:
>
>> One other thing, the value is not reset by the JobQueue because it has no
>> idea whether you have acted on the command or not.  It is up to you to
>> remember take the appropriate action (ie, allow stopping when paused, etc.)
>> and reset the field if you want.
>>
>> You should also update the status column to be more compliant.  If you
>> pause, you should set the status to 7.  Other statuses are defined in
>> mythtv/libs/libmythtv/jobqueue.h.
>>

> there is one problem with user jobs ...
>
> => User is able to delete recording while User Job is running ...
>
> I have a user job which converts video in an another format etc. of
> course, I could wait for the user job to finish its work, but I think
> that "delete" should check if the a user job is running.
>
> do you have an idea for solving this?

I want to be able to delete a recording that I just finished
watching--causing the not-yet-complete commflag job to terminate,
pre-empting the queued transcode job, and actually deleting the
recording file off the hard drive.  Why should Myth have to wait until
it flags/transcodes the file (for no reason at all) and then delete the
file?  Or, why should I have to wait to delete the file until Myth tells
me it's OK to delete it?

So, perhaps a better question for you would be, why would a user /ever/
want to allow a job to complete on a recording if the user is just going
to delete the recording?  Perhaps, you may say, because the user is
trying to archive the recording...  Well, in that case, why not change
your archive script to make an appropriate call to delete the
recording.  (This could be done from a shell script using wget and
MythWeb, or possibly with the Perl bindings, or ...)

Mike