[mythtv-users] (Myth) Archive to hard disk

Ma Begaj derliebegott at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 10:17:47 UTC 2007

2007/6/28, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com>:
> I want to be able to delete a recording that I just finished
> watching--causing the not-yet-complete commflag job to terminate,
> pre-empting the queued transcode job, and actually deleting the
> recording file off the hard drive.  Why should Myth have to wait until
> it flags/transcodes the file (for no reason at all) and then delete the
> file?  Or, why should I have to wait to delete the file until Myth tells
> me it's OK to delete it?

You should not have to wait. Myth should inform you that there is a
job running and if you delete the recording, the jobs will be stopped.

That should be normal behaviour, especially when an user job is
running, because it is usually not started automatically.

> So, perhaps a better question for you would be, why would a user /ever/
> want to allow a job to complete on a recording if the user is just going
> to delete the recording?  Perhaps, you may say, because the user is
> trying to archive the recording...  Well, in that case, why not change
> your archive script to make an appropriate call to delete the
> recording.  (This could be done from a shell script using wget and
> MythWeb, or possibly with the Perl bindings, or ...)

I can of course do that, but I would like more to use native deleting
from Myth, because it it probably more than a sql call DELETE FROM ...

M.