[mythtv-users] Unintelligent recording

Ma Begaj derliebegott at gmail.com
Sat Jun 23 22:45:12 UTC 2007

2007/6/23, Nick Morrott <knowledgejunkie at gmail.com>:
> If you set start early/end late in a recording rule, the scheduler
> will always use those timings when scheduling recordings. If you have
> two programs broadcast back to back and the first recording specifies
> and positive end late time (ends later than broadcast) and only have
> one available capture card for that video source, the second program
> will conflict.

that is clear.

> If you set a global pre-roll and post-roll options, the scheduler does
> not take these options into account when scheduling, but the
> recordings will include them if possible. So, if two consecutive
> programs are set to record, the first program will get pre-roll and no
> post-roll, and the second program no pre-roll but will get post-roll.

That is also clear. I just checked my  global settings (Tv-Settings ->
General), and both are set to 300 seconds (before start and past end
of show).

Every show which should be recorded has "Start recording 5 minutes
early" and "End recording 10 minutes late" in "Scheduling Options".
Where do these "5 minutes" and "10 minutes" are coming from???

Are there maybe some other settings for this? I tried changing 300
seconds to 900 seconds, but every new recording still has "5 minutes
early" and "10 minutes late".

Any ideas?

M.