[mythtv-users] Zap2It Labs, Google, Write them!

David Brodbeck gull at gull.us
Fri Jun 22 20:00:39 UTC 2007

On Jun 22, 2007, at 12:42 PM, Brian J. Murrell wrote:

>>   The quality of Zap2It's data in this area has declined a
>> lot lately, so I'm used to deleting the duplicates manually.  For
>> example, every rerun of The Daily Show now has the same description
>> and no episode number data.
>
> That's a good "re-run" (not necessarily duplicate) detection
> then.  :-)

Well, not really.  I have scheduling conflicts with the original
airing at 11 pm, so often it's the 2 am rerun I actually record.

Actually, I take that back.  It's not just the reruns.  Every single
Daily Show episode in my listings just says 'A humorous slant on top
news stories.'  So the Zap2It description is totally useless. Same
with The Colbert Report; every episode says 'Stephen Colbert and
guests discuss current issues.'