[mythtv-users] Zap2it Labs Shutting Down?

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Fri Jun 22 01:39:30 UTC 2007

On Thu, Jun 21, 2007 at 05:15:16PM -0400, Brian J. Murrell wrote:
> Will you people PLEASE! read the threads before pitching in your $0.02.
> It has been said time and time again, server load IS NOT the issue here,
> too much violation of the end-user agreement to the data is the issue.

That *has* been said, Brian, yes.

But no one's explained *how* exactly, you could violate the agreement
in that way, since each account has a finite number of lineups.  It
doesn't seem that it would have been practical for the license to be
violated in the fashion they appear to be alleging; at least, not on a
scale big enough to actually justify the shutdown.

I, personally, buy more "revenue drops 11.1%", "new president" and "new
data schema and we can't be bothered to rewrite" more, myself.

Cheers,
-- jra