[mythtv-users] Zap2it Labs Shutting Down?

Robert Johnston anaerin at gmail.com
Thu Jun 21 22:25:04 UTC 2007

On 6/21/07, Brian J. Murrell <brian at interlinx.bc.ca> wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-06-21 at 14:11 -0700, Gregg wrote:
> > Just A thought.  If there is a lot of stress on the servers. How about
> > setting up some sort of P2P guide data sharing mechanism within
> > mythtv.  I dont know the logistics. like how to setup the tracker and
> > how the data would be updated, but if bittorrent can do it why cant
> > mythtv have a plugin?
>
> ARRRRRGGGG!
>
> Will you people PLEASE! read the threads before pitching in your $0.02.
> It has been said time and time again, server load IS NOT the issue here,
> too much violation of the end-user agreement to the data is the issue.

TBH, I don't think that's the real issue here. It's just something
that TMS/Zap2It is throwing out as an excuse. If you look at the
reasons they give, the big one seems (to me) to be that they're
changing the architecture behind, and don't have the manpower (Or
don't want to "Spend" the manpower) to port Zap2It to the new format.
--
Robert "Anaerin" Johnston