[mythtv-users] Frontend to two TVs?

David Frascone dave at frascone.com
Thu Jun 21 13:44:00 UTC 2007

I'm upgrading my frontend, and it's causing me some grief.  So -- let me try
to let you know my current setup, and where I'm going.

My current frontend has a Geforce4 with S-Video and DVI output.  I send the
DVI to my Livingroom TV, and the S-Video to a RF Modulator.  The coax output
of the modulator goes upstairs to my bedroom, where I have an IR/RF Remote
extender.  So, the Bedroom TV shows the same thing as the LR TV, and I can
still control Myth via the remote extender.

Things work fine (with some resolution issues I can deal with)

So -- the problem:  I'm upgrading to this motherboard:
http://www.biostar.com.tw/app/en-us/t-series/content.php?S_ID=183  It has
DVI out (and SPDIF Sound -- for when I want to get it working).  But, now I
only have one output (Technically two, if you include the VGA).  And, I have
no way that I can think of to get an analog composite (or S-Video) output to
my RF Modulator.

Any ideas for solutions?

I could put the old frontend into the bedroom -- but I only have one
wireless keyboard . . . I guess it could work though.  I was hoping to free
up that machine for other things.

I also could drop a video card into my dedicated backend and put the RF
modulator there.  And the remote extender (if it has that much range).

But -- I'd like a solution similar to the one I have -- where the BR watches
the same thing as the LR.

Any ideas?  Or is it time for two frontends?

-Dave

--
David Frascone

There's too much blood in my caffeine system.