[mythtv-users] MB Blew up - How do I move the database to the new system?

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Sat Jun 16 14:39:56 UTC 2007

> He didn't say his OS or hard drive failed, his MB blew up.  Booting to
> a livecd in the same box isn't really an option.
>
> This happened to me a month ago.  If you've got another computer,
> simply put your hard drive in that computer and boot.  Amazingly,
> it'll probably boot to a shell with little to no issue.

He said that he tried booting the old hard drive on the new system and
it did not work. I agree this is a bit strange if he just changed the
motherboard. Anyways, I was giving him a way to quickly get a backup.
After rereading his post I now see that he reinstalled on a new disk
so the procedure I gave starting with the mount should work.

John