[mythtv-users] Artifacts on screen with DVI to HDMI cable

David Cramblett david at functionalchaos.net
Thu Jun 14 05:16:23 UTC 2007

I am getting some artifacts when using a 15' DVI -> HDMI cable from my
Nvidia FX5200 hooked up to my BenQ PE7700 projector.

The picture has no artifacts when I use a DVI -> DVI cable on my Dell
20" LCD and it has no artifacts when I use a VGA (HD15) -> RGB component
cable on my projector.

The artifacts seem like a bad cable.  However, I got a new cable today
and the artifacts are still there.  Any chance there is something else
causing this?  The cable was only $25 so it probably is not a super high
quality DVI to HDMI cable, but I don't know.  I have also seen posts
taking about the "looseness" in the DVI standard.

Here is a picture of the "little white line" artifacts.  Sorry about the
glare, the image is really not that bad, I had to over expose the
picture for the artifacts to be visible on camera.

http://functionalchaos.net/downloads/dvi_hdmi_artifacts.jpg

David