[mythtv-users] Funky component out on an nVidia 7600

Jake Palmer jakep_82 at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 12 05:22:55 UTC 2007

>From: Jonathan Seawright <opustormy at gmail.com>
>
>hey all,
>
>I just hooked up my nVidia 7600 with the included HDTV dongle-- however,
>on my  TV, I get a funky blue hue. Is there any chance that there is a
>setting on the TV that should be changed to correct this? Or is it that
>my card is damaged?
>

>In short, I'm resorting to this instead of using DVI >> HDMI because the
>resolution is slightly bigger than what is displayed on the screen, and
>whatever I do to the xorg.conf file doesn't seem to affect the resolution.
>
>Thanks,
>Jonathan Seawright

Try hooking up the DVI to HDMI again, set your resolution in xorg to
something smaller than your TV's native resolution (I have mine set to
1200x680 for a 720p TV) and then run nvidia-settings.  I couldn't solve my
overscan problems either until on a whim I ran nvidia settings and it
snapped the picture into view.  To reproduce after a reboot I added the
following to my .xinitrc file on the line right before loading my window
manager;

nvidia-settings --load-config-only &

Jake