[mythtv-users] Unusual Audio/Video lag on an AMD64 3000+

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 00:47:42 UTC 2007

On 06/06/07, Jonathan Seawright <jonathanathome at verizon.net> wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> Yesterday my MythTV box was working quite well. I could watch HD content
> with clear sound and the video was almost perfect (some interlacing
> problems... but that's another story...)
>
> Anyway, I scheduled a bunch of tasks, and now there is a lot of AV lag
> during playback (Including SD content!)
>
> Is this just because the backend is overloading the computer? It's awfully
> strange behavior. I am using XVMC, and I"ve tried all the different modes
> with no change in playback.

When you say tasks, do you mean MythTV recordings, or other system
tasks that could be taking up valuable system CPU/IO bandwidith during
video playback? Run 'top' (or one of the derivatives) in a terminal
and see what is happening to your system load both when MythTV is idle
and during playback. Also, check your frontend log for any obvious
errors (do you see any pre-buffering pause messages when watching
video?)

--
Nick

MythTV Official wiki: